If you've searched the Knowledge Base and not found your answer, you may ask
a new question of technical support.
Spam Sleuth version 4.0 for Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003
Q: Which is better between 'POP3 Proxy Mode'
and 'Polling Mode'? In most cases POP3 Proxy Mode is the better mode
POP3 Proxy Mode
- Spam Sleuth checks ALL messages
- Timing is not an issue
- Messages are only downloaded once from your
- No configuration of your e-mail program is
Q: What do I need to change in my e-mail program to
use POP3 Proxy Mode?
A: You must change two things:
1) You need to change your Incoming (POP3) Server
setting to the word localhost
2) You need to set your username to your FULL e-
Both of these are in the account settings of your
Q: How can I access the Spam Sleuth POP3 Proxy server from a different computer?
A: For security reasons, Spam Sleuth will only accept connections from the same machine.
You can override this default behavior by editing the SpamSleuth.INI file.
Add this line to the [General] section.