Version 22.214.171.124 - January 9, 2006
Version 126.96.36.199 - November 23, 2005
- Added a way to import Friends in WebClient
- Added ability to add-to-spammers in WebClient
- Fix for add-to-friends in WebClient (e-mail view)
Version 188.8.131.52 - May 25, 2005
- Improved anti-virus scanner and anti-virus update
- Fix for Add to Friends (some e-mails) (web interface only)
- Fix for adding spammers, goodwords, badwords, friends to remove spaces (web interface only)
Version 184.108.40.206 - May 11, 2005
- Fix for automatic WebClient configuration when installing in a non-default location.
Version 220.127.116.11 - January 20, 2005
- Update to AntiVirus
- Improved update system
- Improved WebClient (Backup, URLCheck, Summary, Turing, and more)
- Reporting added to WebClient
- Proper WebClient configuration when installing in a non-default location.
Version 4.3.0 - January 18, 2005
- Fix to UI for Bayesian Analyzer
- Update to install to include additional UI for Master analyzers
Version 4.2.0 - October 14, 2004
- Turing (Challenge/Response) - Better identification to satisfy RBLs
- Bayesian - Proper detection of user accounts for training
- AntiVirus Updates - Change to use new mirror sites for virus signature updates
- Master Configuration - Addition of many Master analyzers to Windows client to allow better corporate-wide configuration
- BadWords - Inclusion of new bad words to handle new scams, phishing attempts, and new spam product categories
- Improved header parsing - Improved parsing of non-compliant e-mail headers
- LDAP Test - Included diagnostic utility for testing LDAP (Active Directory) configuration
Version 4.1.0 - June 10, 2004
- Account Utility - Includes a command-line utility for importing and exporting users and aliases.
- AntiVirus Update Update - Changes in the mirrored servers for anti-virus signature updates.
- WebClient Improvements - Master user can allow or restrict users from configuring each analyzer.
- WebClient Improvements - View Log files from WebClient (Master Users only).
- Spammers Analyzer - The Windows client allows sorting spammers by domain or e-mail.
- LiveSupport - Ability to connect to a live support agent for support (Master Users Only).
Version 4.0.0 - May 25, 2004
- Automatic Updates - Checks for updates when initiated, and automatically download and install the updates.
- Reset Options - Reset user settings, clear all spam from all accounts, reset master settings to factory defaults.
- Web Client Included - The Web Client is now included with the install.
- Web Server - Installs a pre-configured Apache installation, and starts/stops the server from the Spam Sleuth Config program.
Version 3.1.0 - Jan 29, 2004
- Anti-virus - Not only does Spam Sleuth remove harmful attachments; now it also quickly scans all messages for dangerous viruses, and eliminates them before reaching your inbox.
- Auto Responder - Automated process sends an e-mail back to the sender letting them know you're unavailable, or on vacation.
- Updated Blacklists - Improved Blacklist's to ensure you're using the most current ones.
- Additional Bad Words - Increased Bad Words to further block annoying, unsolicited junk e-mail.
- Improved Web Client for Enterprise version - Now offers multi-select to delete or delete all messages, or add to friends.
- Bayesian Analysis removed
- Fully indexed search in Mail Jail
- Boolean Logic Searching - Search with AND, OR, NEAR
- Fake URL detection - prevents phishing
- Auto Responder - Respond automatically when on vacation, or other times you may not be able to respond to e-mail
- Persistent Sort - Keeps the previous sort setting (optional setting in Miscellaneous)
- Decode in Viewer - Decodes encoded characters and ISO encoded subjects and base64 encoded text
- Sort by domain or nickname - List your spam/e-mails by domain, e-mail or nickname
- Two new options for the amount of time to keep spam (forever, and never)
- Active Directory/LDAP - configuration interface added
- Dictionary Analyzer - Detects non-words at the end of subjects/messages
- Subject Analyzer - Option to detect empty and missing subject
- Subject Analyzer Master - Master users can now set master settings for the Subject Analyzer
- Improved 'Valid Sender' - closes disconnected sockets.
- Drag and Drop from Outlook and Outlook Express to the Mail Jail to 'Add to Friends' or 'Add to Spammers'
- Relay Analyzer -Adds the option to relay messsage, that are Spam, Good or Custom Score
- Improved Attachment detection
- New option to edit the Turing (Challenge/Request) message
- New option to edit the EMail Stamps message
- Alt-G to mark a message as 'G'ood
- Pass-through users do not count against licenses
- ISP Mode selectable from SSConfig
- Optional: LDAP user list and authentication
- Optional: Active Directory user list and authentication
- Optional: RADIUS authentication of users
- Automatic configuration with Exchange Server 5.5 and Exchange Server 2000
- Automatic user notify by e-mail in "Learn user mode". Let's users know they are protected from spam.
- Access List to allow e-mail clients to relay - decreases setup time
- Ability to relay to different servers based on domain - great for ISPs that host
- New fresh look for the Windows client
- Re-score messages on the client
- Multi-select to Delete, Add to Friends, Bounce, request Turing and request EMail Stamps
- Status icon for bounced messages
- Status icon for messages that triggered a Challenge-Response (Turing)
- Status icon for messages that triggered an EMail Stamp Request
- Support for passing user and pass on command-line to Windows Client
- Fixed problem when detecting messages with CR only line-breaks
- Support for Score.MASTER.
- Support for Master default settings.
- Added ability for Learning Mode to learn from a different server.
- Friends, Spammers, GoodWords, BadWords and Mailing Lists dynamically re-load on file change.
- Improved Install to not overwrite .MASTER files for more convenient update.
- Fix for Friends, Spammers, Mailing Lists, Good Words, Bad Words - was not loading user list.
- ISP Mode (LoadAndKeep) to handle 1,000,000+ users
- Statistical Logging - for detailed reporting with SawMill, WebTrends or many others.
- Speed optimizations when handling large numbers of user accounts. Benchmarks available upon request.
- Improved memory handling
- New BadWords Analyzer detects the splitting of BadWords with HTML tags or HTML comments
- Fix to Bayesian Analyzer Training
- Fix to keep users from adding their own e-mail address to Mailing Lists
- Restrictions - Master users can restrict users from configuring certain settings.
- Web Interface Available - Users and access spam viewer and settings via web (PHP Installation Required).
- Trial Version Available - Try it out and make sure it suits your needs.
- Improved Thread Handling - Better for high volume sites.
- More configurable - Appear as any SMTP server type to the outside world.
- Restriction by domain
- New safe user type - No Config - No UnSpam
- Support for multiple domains (add users once - automatic alias creation)
- Learning mode which automatically learns your valid accounts
- Added Tag Mode to mark spam with X-Text-Classification: spam (POPFile compatible)
- Documented accounts.conf file
- Improved anti-relay capabilities
- Fixed Bayesian Training for 95/98/ME
- Strong password security
- Menu option to launch e-mail client
- Compatibility changes to work with upcoming Web Client
- E-Mailing Master Users on Trial status
- Faster loading of messages in client
Version Beta 1