|Web Search - WebSeeker Software What's New
- e-mail results to yourself, family, friends, and co-workers.
- Add your own search engines.
- WebSeeker Extensions - purchase targeted categories such as Home Improvement, and scrap booking to receive optimal results.
- Use Boolean logic, And, Or, phrase, and substring.
- Monitor Web pages for changes
- Save Search results
- Print Search results into convenient, mobile booklets
- Schedule Unattended searches
- Results are broken down by each search engine.
- Refine Search results
- Deletes banner ads.
- Add custom results to WebSeeker
- Highlights keywords in results page
4/1/06 New Features in WebSeeker 6.0
UPDATED SEARCH ENGINES
To ensure compatibility with the current search engines we have updated the search expressions.
ARCHIVE WEB SITES
Quickly drag and drop URLs into WebSeeker, and instantly watch WebSeeker index and download Web Sites for archival.
Easily send a list of search results with links to Web Sites to co-workers, friends and family.
IMPROVED HELP SYSTEM
We have added many new descriptions, directions, and visuals to assist you with using WebSeeker.
8/21/01 New Features in WebSeeker 5.0
A Quick Search option has been built right into WebSeeker's toolbar, so you can
easily type in keywords to begin a search.
You can get additional categories to target specific resources on the Web. I.e. Home Improvement,
You can schedule or instantly perform searches and have the results e-mailed to yourself,
family, friends, and co-workers.
ONE-CLICK SEARCHING IN INTERNET EXPLORER
WebSeeker offers one-click searching while browsing in Internet Explorer. Simply
highlight text, right click, and elect to "Search Using WebSeeker".
IMPROVED FIND NOW
Hotkeys for the FindNow option are available through your keyboard. Simply highlight
the text you want to find, and press Alt on your keyboard while clicking your mouse. Doing so will begin a search.
We've improved browsing with the addition of Next Result and Previous Result buttons.
UPDATED SEARCH ENGINES
The WebSeeker search engines have been updated to ensure
compatibility with the current search engines.
INTUITIVE CUSTOMIZABLE "COOLBAR"
WebSeeker now sports the new Microsoft "Coolbar" toolbar as seen in
Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office. A more intuitive Toolbar comes with colorful graphics, two new buttons, and gives you the ability to customize the Toolbar, choosing only the buttons that suit your personal needs.
WebSeeker's new Search Wizard makes searching the Internet easier than ever. Simply answer the questions as the step-by-step Wizard guides you.
EXPANDED PLATFORM SUPPORT
Now works with Windows Me/2000. We have also improved WebSeekerÕs functionality on Windows/98/NT.
EMBEDDED BROWSER TOOLBAR
The embedded Web browser (requires Internet Explorer 3 or later) now
has its own toolbar allowing you Browse Forward and Back, Stop
loading the current page, refresh the current page, go to your Home
page, and specify the URL you wish to browse.
REDESIGNED RESULTS WEB PAGE
The Results Web page (CURRENT.HTM) has been redesigned to place the
advertisements returned by the search engines at the bottom. These
advertisements are labeled as such and are accompanied by instructions
on how to disable them.
6/4/98 New Feature in WebSeeker 98, version 22.214.171.124
4/28/98 New Features in WebSeeker 98, version 126.96.36.199
- Find Now Update - This update makes sure Find Now works with WebSeeker 98.
- EXPANDED PLATFORM SUPPORT - WebSeeker is now compatible with Windows 95, 98, and NT.
- UPDATED SEARCH ENGINES - The WebSeeker search engines have been updated to ensure compatibility
with the current search engines.
- EMBEDDED BROWSER TOOLBAR - The embedded Web browser (requires Internet Explorer 3 or later) now has
its own toolbar allowing you Browse Forward and Back, Stop loading the current page, refresh the current page,
go to your Home page, and specify the URL you wish to browse.
- NEW "COOLBAR" - WebSeeker now sports the new Microsoft "Coolbar" toolbar as seen in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office.
- REDESIGNED RESULTS WEB PAGE - The Results Web page (CURRENT.HTM) has been redesigned to place the
advertisements returned by the search engines at the bottom. These advertisements are labeled as such and are
accompanied by instructions on how to disable them.
- UNATTENDED COMMAND LINE OPTIONS - The Command Line options used to run WebSeeker unattended have been repaired.
2/27/98 Version 188.8.131.52
One Search Engine's Advertisements Removed...
1/19/98 Version 184.108.40.206
One minor adjustment...
- Due to their offensive nature and lack of search relevance, advertisements from the What's New Too
search engine will no longer be displayed on the WebSeeker Results Web page.
NOTE: For this change to take effect you will need to restart WebSeeker.
1/14/98 Version 3.3
Here's what's new in WebSeeker 3.3:
- 2 Preferences Made Global - The "Include Search Engine Advertisements" and "Highlight Keywords" Preferences are
now both Global, so whether they are enabled or not will apply to all your searches not just the current one.
7/25/97 Version 3.2
Search Engine Update
- NEW SEARCH ENGINES - Now WebSeeker includes the WhatUSeek and Northern Light search engines.
- SEARCH PRE-FILTER - You can specify text strings that should automatically disqualify a search result, e.g. MLM,
XXX, Make Money Fast, etc.
- BROWSER BUTTONS - When installing WebSeeker you know have the option of placing a button on the toolbar
of your web browser. You can quickly launch WebSeeker from this button. This feature requires Netscape Navigator
version 4 or Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.
- INCREASED PROXY/FIREWALL COMPATIBILITY - WebSeeker now supports an increased range of proxy servers and
firewalls including SOCKS, CERN, and more. Proxy servers and firewalls requiring passwords are also supported.
- SYSTEM SOUNDS - I am WebSeeker, hear me roar! Many of WebSeeker's actions can now be tied to sound files for
a multimedia experience. Have fun!
- ADDITIONAL IMPROVEMENTS - Many more enhancements making WebSeeker more powerful and even easier to use!
5/12/97 Version 3.2
- Updated existing Web search engines!
5/5/97 Version 3.2
- Simple update to make the help file even more navigable!
3/31/97 Version 3.0
New Features and Fixes!
- You can now index the pages of a Quick/CleanFind! This allows you to refine your search in order to reduce
your search results to a manageable list and reduce information overload.
- Quicker access to search results! You can now click on each search result as it appears in the Search Progress screen.
- InstantUpdate no longer checks for updates every #$!@%&*&$#@ time you launch WebSeeker. You can specify how
often to check for updates automatically.
- Searches can be limited by time.
- You can now "skim the cream" by limiting the number of results returned from each search engine. This way you only
get the "best" results from each engine.
- Blue Squirrel gives you the bird! The WebSeeker bird that is. In your system tray you will see the WebSeeker bird. He
represents the new "Find Now" program! Highlight any text in any application and click on the WebSeeker bird in the system tray and WebSeeker will start searching using the highlighted text for keywords.
More Search Engines
- Context sensitive help added to Start New Search and Preferences dialogs
- InstantUpdate now notifies you of major upgrades as well as special upgrade prices
- Purchasing full versions and upgrades is now available from within the program, encrypted
(using Crypto API if installed) and/or encoded
- You can now click the New V.I.P. Key button on the Help/About dialog to enter in a new V.I.P. Key or to
change your registration information
- Some minor inconveniences fixed to keep you running smoothly!
Better Browser Interaction
- WebSeeker 3.0 comes pre-configured with over 100 search engines.
- Search engines can now be grouped into the following categories: Arts, Automotive, Business, Computers,
German, Education, Employment, Entertainment, Finance, French, Games, Government, Health, Housing, Kids,
Legal, Lifestyle, Multimedia, News, People, Reference, Science, Shopping, Software, Sports, Travel, Usenet, Web
- You can now create your own engines and categories!
- View web pages directly within WebSeeker if you have Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 installed.
When you highlight a search result, the web page is displayed in a new window to the right of the results. Click
View/Abstract to open the windows.
- If you use Netscape Navigator, you will be able to see abstracts only (and only after a FilterFind).
- WebSeeker can be launched from the Search button within Microsoft's Internet Explorer 3.0!
InstantUpdate has been enhanced to:
- Increased overall performance
- Searching for a PHRASE has been increased dramaticaly.
- Twice as many simultaneous connections by default!
Drag 'n' Drop
- Allow you to preview new features before updating. (You're doing it now!)
- Enable you to InstantUndo an update in order to return to the previous version.
- Allow you to pick up an update from where you left off due to a terminated Internet connection!
- Drag 'n' Drop search results to the desktop!
- Drag 'n' Drop search results to a printer icon to instantly print the web page!
- Substring matching: Search for CAT and find CAT, CATS, CATALOG, and more...
- Print web pages directly from WebSeeker