Version 4.3.0 - January 18, 2005
Version 4.2.0 - Oct. 20, 2004
- Turing (Challenge/Response) - Better identification to satisfy RBLs
- AntiVirus Updates - Change to use new mirror sites for virus signature updates
- BadWords - Inclusion of new bad words to handle new scams, phishing attempts, and new spam product categories
- Improved header parsing - Improved parsing of non-compliant e-mail headers
Version 4.0.0 - May 25, 2004
- Anti-virus Updater - Updated to work with newer mirror sites.
- Spammers - Now allows sorting by domain.
- Summary - Provides e-mail summary updates of messages caught delivered to your InBox.
Version 3.1.0.x - Jan 26, 2004
- Anti-virus - Not only does Spam Sleuth remove harmful attachments; now it quickly scans all messages for dangerous viruses, and eliminates them before reaching your inbox.
- Auto Responder - Automated process sends an e-mail back to the sender letting them know you're unavailable, or on vacation.
- Updated Blacklists - Improved Blacklist's to ensure you're using the most current ones.
- Additional Bad Words - Increased Bad Words to further block annoying, unsolicited junk e-mail.
- Improved Web Client for Enterprise version - Now offers multi-select to delete or delete all messages, or add to friends.
- Fully indexed search in Mail Jail
- Boolean Logic Searching - Search with AND, OR, NEAR
- Fake URL detection - prevents phishing
- Auto Responder - Respond automatically when on vacation, or other times you may not be able to respond to e-mail
- Persistent Sort - Keeps the previous sort setting (optional setting in Miscellaneous)
- Decode in Viewer - Decodes encoded characters and ISO encoded subjects and base64 encoded text
- Sort by domain or nickname - List your spam/e-mails by domain, e-mail or nickname
- Two new options for length of time to keep spam (forever and never)
- Fix for UnSpam when certain display options are set.
- Named tray icon so it can be hidden under XP.
- Drag and Drop from Outlook or Outlook Express to the Mail Jail to "Add to Friends" or "Add to Spammers"
- Dictionary Analyzer - Checks for bogus words at the end of subjects and messages
- Relay Analyzer - Adds the option to relay messsage, that are Spam, Good or Custom Score
- Improved Attachment detection
- Improved HTML Removal
- Improved Valid Sender
- New option to edit the Turing (Challenge Request) message
- New option to edit the EMail Stamps request message
- Option to turn off automatic "Server Removal" in Polling Mode
- Alt-G shortcut to mark a message as 'G'ood
- Fix for To (not include "All Accounts")
- Daily tips
- Updated BadWords list
- Fix for message status icon in some specific cases
- Improved HTML Removal
- Improved Turing
- Improved EMail Stamps
- Fix for status message count
- Fix for Subject Analyzer (spelling)
- New status icons to show the type of messages being viewed
- Updated help file
- New fresh look
- Re-score messages
- Multi-select to Delete, Add to Friends, Add to Spammers, Bounce, request Turing and request EMail Stamps
- New notification options (sound for good, sound for spam, or pop-up)
- Detect and disable port 139 spam (pop-up messages from the Message Service in 2000 and XP)
- Mark messages as spam in Spam Sleuth in Polling Mode and it automatically updates your server
- Status icon for bounced messages
- Status icon for messages that trigger a Challenge-Response (Turing)
- Status icon for messages that trigger an EMail Stamp Request
- Fixed right-click Turing Test Request
- Fixed right-click EMail Stamp Request
- Fixed rare hang bug when POP3 server split message near the end
- Added ability for BadWords to detect words split by HTML
- Detect and disallow adding your own e-mail address to Mailing Lists (reduces effectiveness of Spam Sleuth to near zero)
- Fixed bug in Bayesian Training
- Import of Friends from Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape, Opera, Mozilla, The Bat, and PocoMail.
- Fix for Turing Test when using mixed-case e-mail addresses.
- Added Turing Test. Let senders show they're human and not automated mailers. Great new addition to Spam Sleuth. It is not on by default, but we recommend that you turn it on.
- Sorting by From: ignores leading < and " to group more accurately
- Mark as Good (when displaying only Spam) will correctly remove message from the view
- Fixed Bayesian training for 95/98/ME
- Automatic configuration with Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape, and Mozilla.
- Better configuration wizard.
- Bayesian Analyzer - The program learns what spam looks like for you and adapts accordingly.
- EMail Stamps - Lets you request "postage" to accept unknown e-mail
- Support for Mailing Lists
- Uses fewer resources
- Option to not save password (passthrough)
- Bounce sound added
- Improved help system
- More robust handling of errant analyzers
- Added optional "bounce" sound to Bouncer
- Added optional Bounce confirmation when using right-click Bounce option
- Fixed issue with XP where it could crash on start-up or first e-mail check
- Fixed parsing error for Reply-To: lines at the bottom of the header
- Fixed Bouncer so that it would not include Spam Sleuth score as X-Header.
- Fixed Bouncer to use SMTP server when using right-click Bounce.
- Fixed Bouncer to bounce messages even when score exceeds Stop score.
- Fixed problem where saved Windows position might not be visible.
- Simulates bounce of spam messages - Spammers will take you off their lists.
- Added configurable columns
- Added new column for Size
- Added new column for Account
- Added new column for To
- Added new column for Analyzed Date
- Sort by any column type
- Now remembers last location of window
- Remembers preference for X (Exit/Continue)
- Quick check option for stopping Automatic Updates
- Quick check option for adding to StartUp
- Sort by type (Red-Spam/Yellow-Modified/Green-Good/Green on Env-On Server)
- View only certain types (Red-Spam/Yellow-Modified/Green-Good/Green on Env-On Server)
- Start your e-mail program from Spam Sleuth icon
- Added a Delete All Spam menu option
- New option to hide HTML tags in viewer
- Fixed Instant Update to work with HTML Proxy Servers
- Added timing adjustments to accomodate bugs in Outlook on XP
- Added Meta Info in Power Filter - Allows check of encoding/decoding
- Increased default points for Blacklists
- Fixed Valid Sender to ignore nicknames when comparing From: and ReplyTo:
- Fixed Power Filter bug when saving settings
- Fixed issue with illegal e-mail which caused stalling and time-outs
- Option added in Misc to turn on/off "Last minute check" in POP3 Proxy Mode.
- Added status indicators for Proxy Mode or Polling Mode, and a status indicator for Server on/off
- Fixed bug where some UnSpammed messages failed to transfer to e-mail program in POP3 Proxy Mode.
- Added POP3 Proxy support. Ability to configure Spam Sleuth as an e-mail pass-through server. Spam Sleuth gets e-mail from your ISP's server and then becomes a server for your e-mail program.
- Added Power Filter Analyzer with the ability to search in the To:, From:, Body, Headers, CC and the ability to use regular expressions for searching.
- Added WebBug detection to the Power Filter. WebBugs add 100 points by default. WebBugs are HTML image tags that sends values back to servers. WebBugs are used by spammers to detect when/if you open the spam e-mail with an HTML capable e-mail program like Outlook.
- Added US Address detection to the Power Filter. A US address deducts 50 spam points by default.
- Fixed Attachments Analyzer to gracefully handle anti-virus programs that yank the file.
- Fixed Valid Sender Analyzer to accurately
report 0 points when DNS setting not found.
- Added ability to UnSpam multiple
messages at once .
- Added visual indicator of
messages that remain on server.
- Improved support for non-Norton anti-virus such as PCillin
- Added support for new SMTP login type AUTH=LOGIN
- Increased timeout for large volumes of e-mail.
- Added [ESC] key as a way to close/minimize Spam Sleuth's spam viewer
- Fixed Import Friends for Eudora for 95/98/ME.
- Improved interaction with anti-virus programs.
- Help file updated
- Improved compatibility with Norton Antivirus 2001.
- Improved Charset analyzer to decode Base64 subjects
- Fixed Friends, Spammers, BadWords and GoodWords bug for 95/98/ME users
- Fixed Attachment analyzer for multiple attachments.
- Added /DELAY:X where X is number of minutes to delay before starting
- Added /RunAfter (used with /CheckAll) to run e-mail programs. Add RunAfter="prog" in SpamSleuth.INI in [General] section.
- Improved compatibility with Zone Alarm
- Improved interface for POP3 Test and SMTP Test buttons.
- Improved startup display.
- Improved compatibility with Norton Antivirus 2002 and beyond.
- Improved Charset analyzer to look for individual high-bit characters
- Change to Friends, Spammers, BadWords and GoodWords to disallow illegal characters
- Increased default points for Internal images and External Images to 60.
- Message letting you know you're not connected when manually checking e-mail.
- Speed optimization when getting large e-mails.
- New e-mails are placed in top of spam viewer when no sorting has been selected.
- Fixed bug where it could hang on certain message types.
- Fixed bug when adding e-mail address to Spammers
- Fixed bug where Alt-F X for File/Exit could be used during configuration.
- User option added to not delete spam when UnSpamming.
- Added Charset Analyzer for detecting Chinese and Korean spam
- Fixed bug where extreme spam exceeded permanent delete threshold was not removed from InBox.
- Minor user interface fixes
- Stopped Spam Sleuth from analyzing during configuration
- Fixed corrupted menu icons
- If update fails or cancel - re-runs original program (if possible)
- Add /x to exit when finished - used with /CheckAll only
- Added date and time analyzed (used OS time format) to spam viewer
- Fixed bug where if you select all and delete it doesn't update the number of messages
- Added "Select All - Ctrl-A" to the Edit menu
- Fixed sorting so it stays sorted
- Added number of waiting messages to "No new mail"
- Added Help button to the configure
- Cursor starts in the EMail Address field in the Add Account dialog box.
- Name of account on the title bar in the Spam Viewer
- Fixed Screen saver XP issue - XP screen saver not starting
- Added ability to add up to 25 accounts (up from 10)
- Added visual status indicator (hourglass) to icon in tray when checking e-mail
- Fixed bug in detecting Spammers
- Added Import of Friends for Eudora
- Added Import of Friends for Other (copy/paste with e-mail extraction)
- Sorted Spammers, Friends, GoodWords and BadWords
- Fixed bug - Sometimes stopped adding Friends or Spammers
- Immediate validation of data in Configure
- Fixed bug - unable to edit points in Blacklists
- Added additional information when prompting for Update
- Fixed Cancel when checking for e-mail
- Working version - not released
- Added ability to view spam for all accounts in one view.
- Added Improved compatibility with some POP3 servers.
- Added ability to edit e-mail addresses when using Add to Spammers.
- Added ability to edit e-mail addresses when using Add to Friends.
- Added icon change when busy.
- Added INI option for non authenticating ESMTP servers.
- Adds an INI option for picky SMTP servers.
- Added text messages to non-registered versions.
- Fix for non-compliant POP3 servers.
- Bug fix for detecting Spammers.
- Fixes run-time error at 0x6c371351 for some POP3 servers.
- Added legend for identifying the spam viewer icons.
- Improved logging at the "Debug" level.
- Added fly-over tips to the account configuration and score dialogs
- Fixes error where SMTP (UnSpam) uses incorrect port
- Fixes run-time error from connection failure or extended length downloads
- Progress dialog box when checking accounts
- Improved HTML Removal dialog to more clearly explain what it does
- Added to list of BadWords
- Included small list of Spammers
- Included sample GoodWords
- Added CTRL-A to select all messages in Spam Viewer
- Added CTRL-M to check e-mail (same as F5)
- Added ability to override POP3 port and SMTP port
- Added # of waiting messages to Pop-up dialog
- Fixes a run-time error occurring at address 0x6c371351 (most)
- Added ASMTP (Authenticated SMTP) for secure ESMTP servers that require it
- SMTP Test button Added
- Set SMTP server per account
- 'Check All' menu option for manually checking all your accounts
- Fix for delete spam messages
- Added additional actions to the Edit menu (Add to Friends...)
- Improved error logging
- Hit CTRL-ALT-L to set logging level